March 30, 2014

Doctor Who Tardis - More Parts (Part 2)

HDMI Wall PlateWell I have more parts for building the Tardis now. Could have enough to finish the build if everything goes to plan. We now have a wall plate with RCA & HDMI. Although the primary use will be RCA it was brought to my attention to "future proof" it and add an HDMI connection now during the initial build. So the plan to attach the new wall plate was at first to cut the top and bottom plastic off and then glue it from the inside. Instead I think I am going to still attach it from the inside but use the 2 screws instead of glue.

So I set about cutting 4 holes in the back of the Tardis using the ole' cordless Dremel. The RCAs came out great and HDMI ended up only slight off but nothing horrible. Only thing left is to find a blue that matches the Tardis so I can paint the screw heads and then screw it in place. Until then though here is the out come so far. I think it will work out nicely.

The next post/part of the build will be finding a way to fit the Raspberry Pi and Hard Drive in the box. I have a few custom parts to hopefully accomplish that. I got some plastic wall hooks I cut the screw end off of and some metal L brackets I tweaked for trying on the Hard Drive. I also got my hands on some plastic stand offs I hope to use to attach the Pi.

2 comments:

  1. hey great project, i was wondering if there is a part 3, i would love to see the finish product

    thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had the box done for a while and I appreciate your interest. I have posted another post showing the finished box. I hope you enjoy.

      Delete